We’re all staying home to keep safe and our hearts go out to those who have lost their jobs and are battling out there.
But what happens if your income is secure and you need to buy a property? It may be a job transfer, buying a first home while rates are so low or just capitalising on good investment opportunities while there is less competition from other buyers.
In an environment of drastic precautions to help stem the spread of coronavirus, the real estate market has come to the party with virtual tours and private viewings, but what else can you do to stay safe and still find the best property?
Here are some tips and tricks to keep you safe when looking for property.
Do as much research as possible online, so you only need to physically view the home that seems perfect in most ways. There is an abundance of information if you look for it.
- Study the pictures, 3D tours or walk-throughs carefully – note all the detail, as if you were physically there.
- Compare photos from different angles to see the true sizes – if a room looks too small it probably is.
- Compare home sizes using Google Maps – get used to interpreting the overhead view.
- “Walk” up and down the street using Google Streetview – but remember it may have changed since the street was photographed.
- Use Google Maps to see what is nearby – check for conveniences such as shops, schools and transport.
Using these tricks, you can eliminate most properties that you might otherwise have gone to visit, only to find they were not right for you. This home research not only saves you time, it also helps keeps you safe.
This is also where buyer’s agents can help.
Buyer’s agents are skilled in completing most of the selection process using a vast array of data, both publicly available and purchased private information. They use industry contacts, experience and knowledge of local areas and devote the bulk of their resources to finding the right property before stepping out of the office.
The final physical viewing often turns out to just be confirmation of their expectations that this was, indeed, the right property for the client.
Re-engineered Buying Process
In the interests of helping clients find the best properties while protecting you and our team from unnecessary exposure, Property Wizards has re-engineered our buying process. Clients can now choose a completely contact-free acquisition if they wish to, without leaving the safety of their home .
The first time a client has to step out of their door will be to move into their newly sanitised home.
The process includes:
- Step 1 – No-contact consultation, via Zoom, Skype or phone.
- Step 2 – Comprehensive property search.
- Step 3 – Shortlist of top properties using extra data, techniques and experience.
- Step 4 – Selection, including 3D walk-through where available.
- Step 5 – Due diligence with physical inspection and detailed research checks.
- Step 6 – Price research to ensure never paying too much.
- Step 7 – Acquisition strategy to negotiating the best price and terms.
- Step 8 – Safe occupation with the home sanitised from potential viruses.
If you’d like to learn more about the safe buying process, simply click below.